Sunday, November 14, 2010Marie and Her Friend the Sea Turtle Review & Giveaway (Ends 11/28)
I love books that are both educational and fun for the twins. Marie and Her Friend the Sea Turtle is a book written in three languages, to help expose children to learning new languages early on. Nicole Weaver, the author of this book, is a veteran teacher of French and Spanish at the middle school and high school level, which is why she wanted to create a book in all three languages.
This book is captivating with colorful illustrations and a moving plot. It’s about a young girl named Marie who strikes up a brief friendship with a sea turtle who needs help getting back to the sea, but her parents have other plans for the turtle. Can Marie save the sea turtle?? You’ll just have to read the book to find out!
Marie and Her Friend the Sea Turtle is a great book for kids who are about 9-12 as some of the words can be difficult to pronounce (but if an adult is reading then it’s great for all ages). I would highly recommend getting this book for your child!
Cost: You can buy Marie and her Friend the Sea Turtle for $13.45 on Amazon.com. ($$$$)
Overall: We give Marie and Her Friend the Sea Turtle a 9/10!
How would you like to win a copy of Marie and Her Friend the Sea Turtle?
Mandatory entry: (if you do not do this, the rest of your entries do not count!)
Comment here and tell me which foreign language you would love to teach your child.
Additional entries: (Please leave separate comments for each entry. One additional entry per action unless otherwise stated.)
1) Publicly follow this blog on Google Friend Connect or subscribe via RSS feed.
2) Follow @TheTwinners on Twitter and comment here with your Twitter screenname.
3) Tweet the following message once per day and comment here each time with the permalink to your tweet for 1 additional entry per tweet.
@TheTwinners has great #giveaways! Enter to #win the book Marie and Her Friend the Sea Turtle! #Giveaway ends 11/28. http://bit.ly/ccvoJ6
4) Become a fan of Nicole Weaver on Facebook, and be sure to let her know that The Twinners sent you!
5) Become a fan of The Twinners Reviews & Giveaways on Facebook.
6) Follow this blog on Networked Blogs.
7) Follow my personal blog, Elana’s Musings.
8) Follow Nicole Weaver’s blog.
9) Subscribe to The Twinners emails and comment here after you’ve confirmed your subscription.
10) Blog about this giveaway, make sure to directly link to this post and comment here with the URL for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
11) Add my button to your blog and comment with the URL of your blog for 2 additional entries (be sure to leave two separate comments).
12) Get an unlimited number of additional entries for entering other The Twinners giveaways and/or commenting on a non-giveaway post (1 additional entry per CURRENT OPEN giveaway/non-giveaway post, and make sure to leave separate comments for each. Any comments for giveaways that are closed as of 11/14 or non-giveaway posts from before 11/7 WILL BE DELETED.)
13) Enter my Baby Pool and comment here with the name you used to guess.
14) Join Swagbucks using this link.
15) Vote for this blog by clicking each of the following icons for 1 additional entry per click (a total of 4 additional entries), and you can do this once per day and make sure to comment on all giveaways you’re in! Make sure to comment 4 times every day that you click to let me know